This is nothing more than a pre-rooted completely stock image that you would flash in Odin.
It is based off of this stock image: P3113UECLK7_P3113XACCLK7_HOME.tar.md5
Simply adds the SuperSU apk v0.99 and su binary.
From there you can chose to install busybox, flash a non-stock recovery, etc.
It DOES NOT wipe any data. So if you are coming from a completely different rom base then you will want to boot to recovery and factory reset.
This is good for getting back to known good state after you may have flashed something and now have weird behavior going on. Also good if you want to run stock but just have root for a few apps like adaway or tibu.
Here's the guide on how to Root the Galaxy Tab 2 7" GT-P3113 runs with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean P3113UECLK7 Stock Firmware
- Grab Odin3_v3.07 link for Galaxy Tab 2 P3113
- Install the Galaxy Tab 2 USB Driver link.
- Make sure the battery is fully charge.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Tab 2 Goto Settings>Application>Development>Turn On USB debugging mode.
- Grab the pre-rooted stock image P3113UECLK7 from XDA original thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2099779
1. Extract the downloaded root66_XAC_P3113UECLK7.7z in separate folder on your computer.
2. Run Odin Odin3_v3.07.exe
3. Click on the PDA button then browse the root66_XAC_P3113UECLK7.tar.md5, select to load it.
4. In Odin checkboxes options, make sure that you DO NOT TICK the "Re-Partition box. Just leave the Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time checked.
5. Put your Galaxy Tab 2 7 into ODIN download mode by holding down both "Power Button and Volume Down button" then let go when your Galaxy Tab 2 reboots. Then press Volume Up button to continue and your Tab 2 should be in ODIN download mode.
6. Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 to computer.
7. Now simply hit the "START" button.
8. Wait until it completely flashes the root stock image.
9. Once finish and the Galaxy Tab 2 reboots, disconnect the tab from computer
Optional: Perform 'factory reset' to get rid of bootloops issues. This will also fix re-boot problem.
In addition, you do not need to worry about your Galaxy Tab receiving any upcoming updates - 4.1.2, that's because your device still runs in P3113UECLK7 Jelly Bean firmware. If you need to removed root for future use, then you can also easily revert back to 100% stock. Just grab the original stock rom for your Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 below and simply flash it as the same method above.
U.S Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 Stock ROM - P3113UECLK7_P3113XARCLK7_XAR.zip here
Canada Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 Stock ROM - P3113UECLK7_P3113XACCLK7_XAC.zip here
Enjoy rooting your Galaxy Tab 2!